Excellent Sugar Cookies
Author: Sarah Maxam (Cake & Cupboard)
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until particles are fine and crumbly.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, beat the egg, heavy cream, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until dough comes together. Using your hands, combine and knead the dough into a uniform consistency.
- Roll out dough to about ¼” thick on a floured surface or non-stick baking mat.
- Cut out shapes and place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet (or cookie sheet lined with a non-stick baking mat) and bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just slightly brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy or let cool completely and then decorate!
Note: For cookies with super sharp edges, freeze cookies on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes (or refrigerate for 15 minutes) before baking.
Recipe by Cake & Cupboard at http://www.cakecupboard.com/?p=884